Unaccountable...

From "Bush At War" by Bob Woodward:

"I'm the commander in chief, see, I don't need to explain, I do not need to explain why I say things. That's the interesting part about being president. Maybe somebody needs to explain to me why they say something, but I don't feel like I owe anybody an explanation."





Due to P.R. problems with the appearance of not caring an attempt was made to say the right things the following day:

"And I think it's important for me to be thoughtful and sensitive to those who have got something to say."

Good start...

"But... I think it's also important for me to go on with my life, to keep a balanced life."

Ouch... there's more?

"I think the people want the president to be in a position to make good, crisp decisions and to stay healthy... and part of my being is to be outside exercising."

Hmmmm... what does the daily schedule book say?


Two-hour bike ride;
Lunch meeting with Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice;
A nap;
Fishing;
Evening Little League Baseball playoff game; and,
"Some" reading.

Retreat! Assume Defensive Position!!






'Nuff said, 'nuff seen.


Click on images for more.

AmeriPundit

Blogcritics.org

Powered by Blogger

AmeriPundit, © 2004-2006, All rights reserved.