Being There

George W. Bush attended the Pope's funeral. He spoke about the experience with reporters while returning from Rome to his home in Texas on Air Force One. He "had this to say about that":

"a clear legacy of peace, compassion, and a strong legacy of setting a clear moral tone." He amended the phrase a few minutes later, "A clear and excellent legacy, if you don't mind adding the word 'excellent'...I wanted to make sure there was a proper adjective to the legacy I thought he left behind. It was more than just 'clear'."

"This will be one of the highlights of my presidency, to have been at this great ceremony."

"I felt--I'm trying to think of the right word--'alone' isn't the right word because I was aware of people--but felt much more in touch with a spirit. I really did. I was very much, felt at peace there, and was prayerful."

"I knew the ceremony today would be majestic, but I didn't realize how moved I would be by the service itself, by the beautiful music."

"There is no doubt in my mind there is a living God...And no doubt in my mind that the Lord Christ was sent by the Almighty. No doubt in my mind about that." He added, " Got it? Everybody got it correct? " He ended the statement with, "All right."

When asked about the traveling with his father and Bill Clinton, he said, "It's fun. Oh, it's great." He added, "We share war stories, you know, a lot of talking, a lot of interesting experiences about different world leaders that we may all have met."

A legacy that mirrors the White House's own description of its current Oval Office's occupant punctuated by "Got it? Everybody got it correct? All right." "Highlights" with plenty of "I's" and "my's" topped with "fun" and "great".

'Nuff said about that.

AmeriPundit

Blogcritics.org

Powered by Blogger

AmeriPundit, © 2004-2006, All rights reserved.